The idea is that Esri can generate an application manager to facilitate the creation and management of Apps that work under a scheme of regional users
Use Configurable Applications and Templates to avoid developing applications
A company requires Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online implementation to be able to develop different information products (Web Apps) that will allow to perform functions focused on different topics.
Applications per user: 3
- Hierarchy 1: 5 users (Main Geographical Regions)
- Hierarchy 2: 5 users per Hierarchy 1 (Geographic Subregions)
- Hierarchy 3: 5 Users for each Hierarchy 2 (Minor Zones)
According to the level of each user, each one must have a filter to visualize only their geographical area. In this panorama we have a total of 375 Apps.
To develop the same 3 applications for each user it is necessary to consider:
- It takes a long time in the realization, you have to generate a map for each user with its corresponding geographic filter.
- If you need to make a change in one of the applications, you need to do the same with the other 125 apps.
Total Users: 125
Total Apps: 375
Problematic: Due to the hierarchy and filters configuration by geographical area that each user requires, it takes a long time to carry out the implementation in all the offices that the company has in the country.
In brief this becomes a tedious and inefficient management issue.
This case is repeated in all those companies that work at national level and that have areas of operation in different states.
Previously it was solved by developing a user manager, for applications whose configuration was customized according to the indications of the companies, but now the objective is to be able to configure most of the functionality and the least possible to make customized developments.
The idea is that Esri can generate an application manager to facilitate the creation and management of Apps that work under a scheme of regional users.