The My Hosted Services section of Catalog only displays items owned by the user. The suggestion is to improve this functionality by showing all services a user can access, not only the ones specifically owned by that user. Since permissions are handled within the Portal security model, the user still would only see the groups/services they have been granted access to, thus continuing to leverage the existing security paradigm.
Answers to Esri's 3 questions asked during the related support call:
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- User opens ArcMap and signs into to an existing Portal instance
- User navigates to My Hosted Services in the ArcCatalog window
- My Hosted Services only shows items owned by the user
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing you from moving forward?)
- When users attempt to access My Hosted Services, the system should show the user all services the user has access to – both owned by the user and shared with the user (via groups, etc.)
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help your workflow or business?)
- Making this change would give users a quick method for accessing all available Portal services, not just the items they own