Add .NET Core support or Mono support for File Geodatabase API.

03-10-2017 10:57 AM
Labels (1)
DonnyVelazquez
Occasional Contributor

With the explosion of new .NET projects coming out on Linux and Mac. I think support for this on those platform's would help spread the File Geodatabase Format.

8 Comments
KoryKramer

Donny,

Please review the https://community.esri.com/community/developers/gis-developers/file-geodatabase-api/blog/2017/03/07/...‌ blog that was posted earlier this month.

This blog lists the following supported operating systems:

• Support for new operating system versions:

Linux:

Red Hat

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server

Ubuntu

Windows:

Windows 8.1

Windows 10.0

MacOS

Yosemite (10.10)

El Capitan (10.11)

Sierra (10.12)

Does this address your Idea?

DonnyVelazquez
KoryKramer

Perfect.  That reference helps, Donny.  

NickAcosta

Is there an update on this?  I was looking to incorporate this into a .net core project.

JeffJacobson

.NET 5 (the next major version of .NET Core) is scheduled to be released in 2020, and will supersede.... Targeting .NET Standard going forward would be a good idea so you will be ready by then.

IngePrefontaine

Hello,

So to confirm, currently the File Geodatabase API does not run in a NET Core project, correct? It requires .NET Framework 4.5.1?

I'm inferring this from github that states:

Visual Studio 2017 C and C++ Runtimes required for deployment.     .NET 4.5.1 Framework is required for the .NET wrapper.

file-geodatabase-api/FileGDB_API_1.5.1 at master · Esri/file-geodatabase-api · GitHub 

NickAcosta

Can we have an update on this?  .net 6 is officially released and there has been no word from esri.

ChristopherEby2

@KoryKramer  We would like support for .NET Core/Standard as well.