• shawjs
    • mvolz47
    • ssekkes
    • MMSD_GIS
    • joyoung_kerrvilletx
    • rozekc_washtenaw
    • robb_hodges
    • gis@co.adams.wi.us

Level 1 users need to be able to have editing privileges for assigned layers. I do not want them to be able to create maps and apps, add items, share content, or create groups. Keep everything locked down like it is, but let content owners and administrators assign maps and apps to Level 1 users that have layers that they can edit. I hope this has just been an oversight of the initial role out of the Levels.

Here are some examples of what I am talking about.

1. I would like to use the crowdsource manager, crowdsource reporter, and crowdsource polling templates to track map change requests from employees. This way only select people will actually edit the layers in question, but any named user can report a problem that they have found with a layer. With the current setup, half of my named users would not be able to report anything unless I make the map change request available to everyone, but I do not want people outside the organization to request map changes.
    2. I would like to use the geoform template to create a form for employees to request posters, map books, or new layers (for Level 1 users). Again with the current setup, I would have to make the service available to everyone for Level 1 users to be able to submit those requests, but I do not want people outside the organization to be able to make those request.
    3. I have field users that need to gps assets in the field. I do not need or want them to be able to create any items. I just need them to use what has been assigned to them. In this case maps with editable layers.

This Idea has been marked as a duplicate of Functional Levels in AGO byKatie Cullen. Please consider voting for this Idea.