Proxy Settings for Survey123 & Survey123Connect

12-21-2016 09:35 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I work for a government organisation that uses proxy file setting in IE and unable to use Survey123 on Windows without the Proxy Server enabled and settings filled in Connections->LAN Settings. At the moment, this policy is not going to change.

Is it possible to get additional configuration placed in Survey123 & Survey123Connect to allow this setting to manually added?

I hope the logic would be

• accept the custom configuration first
  • proceed with current implementation if not found

Thanks

Anthony

5 Comments
ScottPrindle

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for submitting this idea!

Others,

When voting for this idea, please consider commenting to share your own workflows or use cases where this functionality would be useful.

Thanks,

Scott

AnthonyRyanEQL

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please clarify about commenting when voting when I voted up my own idea?  Just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly, etc.

Thanks

Anthony

ScottPrindle

Hey Anthony,

The second line about commenting when voting is meant for everyone else on Geonet, to ensure we fully understand the use cases where this would be helpful, we need more perspectives. I apologize my comment structure wasn't very clear there. I've edited it for a little more clarity.

Thanks,

Scott

BartoszDerbis2

We could use this functionality. Just spend significant amount of time with ESRI Canada support and our security team to setup Webproxy to allow traffic from Arcgis.com. We were not able to setup a new survey via Survey 123 Connect when beyond firewall.

HélèneTouyéras

Different country, exact same problem here, at the French Forestry Commission. Please, please, please, give us tools/parameters to specify proxy settings and be able to use Survey123Connect & Survey123 from "government-issued-proxy-protected" hardware.