Make Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10 available for download directly from ESRI

11-22-2016 09:53 AM
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

(Not using the Windows Store)

6 Comments
BillFox
RichardLittlefield

I agree. My organization uses Windows 10 LTSB and they don't want the Windows Store or the Windows Store for Buisness. Esri needs to offer a separate download without the store. I've been added to an enhancement request to through Tech Support to allow this, see "ENH-000095353 : Allow Collector for ArcGIS (Windows) to run outside of the Windows Store". I suggest others get added to this enhancement.

BillFox
RichardLittlefield

Thanks for the update Bill! However I tried to find it in My Esri and couldn't. I ended up opening a Tech Support case with Esri and as of this morning, Esri has pulled the download language from the What's New section of their website. So unfortunately you still cab not download Collector from My Esri.

BillFox

Richard,

Thank you for the heads-up, I thought I included the language in my previous post but I don't see it in my post anymore either.

MelanieWawryk

Please create a proper executable instead of the AppxBundle. The entire program should be able to be installed using the install files. The windows store is too flakey and involved between firewalls, security group permissions, azure active directory connections and side loading is not an option for many organizations. Please just release it as a proper program and not an app for windows.

Please up vote this idea to make a proper install for Collector on Windows 10

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12845-make-collector-for-arcgis-on-windows-10-available-for-downloa...