When building web apps, I really do not like the dependency on on arcgis.com or portal in order to build web apps.
Please allow us to set up web apps internally, so that we can archive all of our projects. Example:
- We publish a map service to our ArcGIS Server.
- We open up flex builder on our server and create a map.
- Users access the map on our server.
I am having a hard time understanding why we need to do additional work with ArcGIS.com
- We publish a map on to our ArcGIS Server.
- We publish the ArcGIS Server Map to as a map in arcgis.com again. THIS IS VERY UNFRIENDLY! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE HAVE TO PUBLISH THE SAME THING TWICE.
- We have to hope no one deletes our service. We can "prevent users from deleting the service" but that is not the same as being able to go back to our own backup system that we have control over.
- We then create a Web App in arcgis.com.
- We then need to download the web app and manually publish the web app to our server.
Why do we have to have all the silly extra steps? arcgis.com should be an service geared towards those that down own their own arcgis server. It should not be an additional requirement for those that paid for arcgis server!