ArcGIS Online 'Viewer' Role needs to work in Web AppBuilder

02-24-2016 02:11 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I created a custom role "Viewer" created in AGOL from the "Viewer Template". This is supposed to limit who can edit my editable feature services. It works as expected in a Web Map. The Viewer can not edit the feature service. But guess what?! Once you create a Web App from Web AppBuilder with that feature service and Web Map and add in the Edit Widget - the Viewer can edit! I found a forum post that says the Viewer can also edit in the Mobile Apps - such as Collector - I haven't tried that yet but would also be a problem if this was the case.

Web App does not read the roles of the named users in AGOL. This is a HUGE oversight and serious software problem.
2 Comments
by Anonymous User

Tech support told me today that it's a logged bug: # BUG-000092277: The Web AppBuilder Edit widget will allow users to edit ArcGIS Server feature service features, even if their AGOL role restricts it

With no workaround.

Yet another Web AppBuilder bug that I have found.

KellyGerrow
Thanks for submitting this issue Alnesbit. 

If you want more information about the status of this defect, feel free to contact Esri Support Services and request to be attached to the defect. You can also view the defect at the following link: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA5MjI3Nw==