Web AppBuilder saving extent and layers - optional or provide easy way to disable by user

12-18-2015 12:05 PM
GrantHerbert
Occasional Contributor II
The November update of the WAB on AGOL has implemented the following feature:
  • The app state, including map extent and layer visibility, is now automatically saved when you close your browser.
The save occurs when you close the tab or refresh it.
This is annoying when developing applications, and doing demonstrations, as you never get back to the initial state of the application just be reloading it. The only way around it I have found is to clear the local storage in the browser using the console or dev tools, which works as long as you are a) still on the site and b) have closed the app first.

I wouldl ike there to be a way to have an option to disable this, by user if possible, or in the app itself.

1 Comment
RichardLittlefield
"The app state, including map extent and layer visibility, is now automatically saved when you close your browser."

This is not a helpful feature. I wish you could turn off this setting when you are building the application. I don't see any useful sernerio for this. I build applications for our users and design the applications a certian way. With saving the app state I never know what the users are seeing or what layers they have on or off. It makes it impossible to know what the users see. It use to be so helpful to be able to have a user refresh their map and the app would start over will all of the default settings and extents.

As mentioned above,  the only way to reset this is to clear the browser cache, wich my don't have access to preform.