WaterType Attribute in All WaterDistribution Feature Classes (Local Government)

Idea created by mdevin on Jul 20, 2015
    New
    Score10
    • mdevin
    Hi there,

After working with the WaterDistirbution feature dataset in the Local Government Information Model, I think it would be helpful if there were a WaterType attribute in each of the feature classes pertaining to water infrastructure.  

We are an industiral port that handles a variety of water types, from potable to industrial wastewater.  I have been unable to find a place for some of my industrial wastewater point features due to the lack of having a WaterType option in feature classes pertaining to valves, juctions, fittings and other point feature classes.  It would be very helpful to be able to include this information, as I cannot find any other feature classes that would pertain to this type of water utility.  I think the WaterType attribute ought to be in all the WaterDistirbution feature classes.  

I do not want to start lumping in my wastewater infrastrucutre with potable point features without having this key piece of information included.  I also do not want to create any custom feature classes or attributes as I want to avoid altering the strucutre of the feature classes in the Local Government template.  From what I understand, strucutral changes to the model will render you unable to update it in the future.  

Please consider this idea for the next update to the Local Government Information Model.  Thanks for your consideration!

-Blaine from Port of Morrow in Boardman, OR