Steam Infrastructure in Local Government Information Model

Idea created by mdevin on Jul 20, 2015
    New
    Score20
    • mdevin
    • rborchert
    Hi there,

I think it would be advantageous to include steam infrastrucutre in the next Local Government Information Model update.  We are an industrial port (Port of Morrow in Boardman, OR) who uses GIS to catalog our infrastrucutre into a geodatabase, and steam is a big part of the infrastrucutre we have.  So far I have been unable to find any feature classes or attribute fields pertaining to steam infrastructure in the Local Govt model.  Having a feature dataset for steam would be great, in order to organize steam lines, valves, junctions, expansion joints and anchor points in a manner similar to the WaterDistribution feature dataset.  

I think this would be a ncie addition in the future.  We migrated to the Local Govt model in order to be consistent with other local governments and municipalities.  I would like to avoid creating custom feature classes for steam infrastrucutre, as I want to keep our geodatabase structurally the same as the Local Govt model in order to keep us eligible for updates in the future.  

Thanks for your consideration!

-Blaine from Port of Morrow in Boardman, OR