Collector: Quick Photo Feature

04-27-2015 08:24 AM
deleted-user-FYWnb7WVNuhY
New Contributor III
Pictures mean everything.  It should be easier to add them in the collector app.  You should be able to assign ahead of time which feature class you want your photos/points to go to.  

Currently workflow horribly long and tedious when driving down a road and passenger is trying to capture points on the fly.
  1. Open App/Map
  2. Select something to edit
  3. Click the camera
  4. Click Add
  5. Click take photo
  6. Capture the photo
  7. Click Done
  8. Fill out attributes
  9. Press submit
Proposed workflow
  1. Open App/Map
  2. Click Camera Button (Proposed)
  3. Capture the Photo
  4. Fill out the attributes
  5. Press submit
You should of course be allowed to do it the long way as well for those that dont need things quickly but who doesnt need anything quickly?
5 Comments
JoelCasas
I concur with streamlining the process for the Quick Photo Feature which is outlined above.
Streamlining this process would provide much greater efficiency when out in the field accruing important critical data. It would also provide a greater safety enhancement when dealing with daily real-time commuter traffic.
TyNOYES
Great idea.  Collecting data should flow more efficently than it currently does.  It would be helpful if a button could be added to collector that would allow quick access to voice activation for android devices so data could be recorded quickly.
JoelAvery
This is a good idea.  Streamline the process for those that use it regularly.  Keep all the features for those who want to take the time to configure/use them.
deleted-user-nnQhchh4f8oI
This is useful. problems may ocur in configuration so make it straight-forward. I suggest a button in Collector opens the camera. once the picture is obtained, a dot appears on the map with a link to the pic. The pic should go with the map to SDE.
ChristopherNoyles
Yes a quik photo feature is necessary but I want to use the Theodolite app to collect my photo and tag to the collector app in a streamlined process.  Theodolite adds so much more useful info to the photo.  You nailed though.  Try flying a pipeline using Collector and taking a picture and then attach the file etc. using the current workflow all before you get to the next point.