Esri is committed to providing the best possible support for our products. Periodically, it is necessary to deprecate specific functionalities and/or platforms to continue delivering optimal support to our users for the remaining Esri software products.
Please be aware that after December 31, 2013, ArcGIS 9.3 and ArcGIS 9.3.1 (for Desktop and Server) and their extensions will be officially retired. ArcGIS 10.0 will be moved to its Mature Support phase, and 10.1 will move to Extended Support.
What does this mean for users who have ArcGIS 9.3 and 9.3.1 products?
- No new patches or hotfixes will be available.
- Esri will not certify any new environment.
- Users will no longer have access to technical support through direct phone, chat, or e-mail request.
- Requests posted through the online Web Form will not be answered. Access to very limited support will be provided in the form of the online support center including knowledge base, supported environment, downloads, and discussion forums.
- Although the online information will remain available to users, this information will not be updated. However, users will be able to browse existing documents.
For more information, refer to the Esri Product Life Cycle Policy and Product Life Cycles, where users can access detailed information for each product. Product and Solution Help for many 9.x versions will also remain accessible through our ArcGIS Resources portal for a period of time.
Please review and familiarize yourself with this information, and if you have any questions, please contact us at Esri Support Services.
Gregory L. - Online Support Services