We are pleased to announce that the latest release of ArcGIS Explorer is available for download. Among the many improvements and fixes introduced with this release are a new Analysis Gallery that allows easy access to geoprocessing services from ArcGIS Explorer, improved basemaps provide the latest updates from ArcGIS Online, and Symbol Management is now easier with the Symbol Gallery. These are just some of the great new features and functions in this latest release. Check out the ArcGIS Explorer blog for more details about these improvements and others.
Here are a few tips from ESRI Support Services for a successful installation:
- Remember to uninstall version 900 before installing version 1200.
- Visit the system requirements page to make sure your desktop can run the software.
- If you have ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server, or ArcGIS Server Image extension on your machine, stop these programs and services before installing ArcGIS Explorer.
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher is required to install ArcGIS Explorer.
As always we wish you happy mapping and appreciate all your feedback.
- Andrew S., Server Development Tech Lead - User Advocacy Group, ESRI Support Services
- Emeline R., Support Analyst - ArcGIS Server Group, ESRI Support Services
- Collin W., SCN Blog Content Manager, ESRI Support Services