|Greetings! This is Emeline and I'm here to provide some pointers to prepare for using the new ArcGIS Viewer for Flex. The ArcGIS Viewer for Flex offers an easily configurable but super cool application for showing off your ArcIMS and ArcGIS Server map services! Before you add your services to the Flex Viewer application, you’ll need to work through a few initial steps first:|
- Make sure your map service is ready to mash up with ArcGIS Online services. In order to use your services in the Flex Viewer, you’ll need to change the map to use the WGS 1984 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere projection).
- If you make changes to the map document (step 1 for example), be sure to clear your REST services directory cache.
- Be sure to add your services within the <operationallayers> tag, and not the <basemaps> tag (unless you want to use your own basemaps, instead of the ArcGIS Online services).
- If you haven’t cached your map services, make sure you change the type property of the <layer> tag to “dynamic” instead of “tiled”.
- If your Flex Viewer is hosted on a different server than the ArcGIS or ArcIMS layer you are adding, then the machine with the ArcGIS or ArcIMS needs to have a crossdomain.xml file.
For a complete introduction to the Flex Viewer, check out the Introduction to the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex training seminar. I hope you enjoy the Flex Viewer, and be sure to check out the Flex Viewer Blog for the latest tips & tricks!
ArcGIS Server Senior Support Analyst