Our Developer Summit conference is approaching fast. We at Esri always put a lot of energy into this event. It is an opportunity to meet face to face with many of you, share our work, discuss new features and road map plans.
2019 will be very special for us as we will make 4 years since we announced the graduation of Survey123 from an Esri Labs proof of concept into a full fleshed ArcGIS Product. This year we will announce details on ambitious plans for the new releases to come: direct connections to external GNSS receivers in the field app, added support for polygon and line features, a release date for our Survey123 report services, enhanced integration with Spike laser measurement tools, a new extensibility framework and many more great news. Members of the Survey123 team from our offices in Beijing, Australia and Redlands will come to Palm Springs. We are really excited for the opportunity to meet you again.
Today we want to share with you some tips and a guide for anything Survey123 at these events.
The Events App
I highly recommend that you download the Esri Events app, so you can always be on top of last minute changes and manage your schedule. As of the time when I write this post the detailed schedule is not yet up in the app, but it will be available shortly. This app will be a good companion throughout the entire conference.
Pre-Summit Hands-On Training
Our Esri Pre-Summit Hands-On training sessions take place on Sunday 3 and Monday 4. These are full day sessions with a mix of lessons and practical challenges. You bring your own laptop, so you can take all homework home. Massive learning guaranteed! Our sessions start at 8:30 sharp. You can register starting at 7:30 at the Hotel Riviera.
- Mastering Smart Form Design with Survey123 and XLSForm.
- Sunday, March 3 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Royal II at Hotel Riviera Palm Springs.
- Extending Survey123 for ArcGIS.
- Monday, March 4 at Royal II from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Royal II at Hotel Riviera Palm Springs
Esri Showcase and GIS Solutions Expo
The GIS Solutions Expo area opens Monday from 2:00pm to 7:00pm at the Primrose Ballroom. This is a great place to meet many partners who work closely with Survey123. Here are a few:
- Microsoft. Diamond sponsor this year. Showcasing the Survey123 Microsoft Flow connector.
- Bad Elf, EOS Positioning Systems, Trimble, GENEC: Providing GNSS receivers for which Survey123 3.3 will provide direct connectivity capabilities.
- Zebra Technologies: Manufacturing rugged devices compatible with Survey123.
- Geo Jobe: Custom software development services.
During this time, you can also swing by the Esri Showcase area to visit the Survey123 team in the Apps area.
On Tuesday from noon to 8:30pm, Wednesday from 1:00pm to 6:30pm and Thursday from 9:00am to 4:00pm the Esri Showcase will continue open in Oasis 1 and 2. Come to the Showcase and look for the Survey123 booth. This is your chance to meet people from the Survey123 team, have a relaxed conversation, ask questions and network with other Survey123 users.
Meet the Teams
The Meet the Teams event will take place from 6:00pm to 8:30pm in Oasis 1 and 2 on Tuesday. In other words, at the Esri Showcase area. Drinks, food and GIS to spare.
Esri Dev Summit Technical Workshops
These are 60 minute sessions. All take place in the Palm Springs Convention Center. A good place to learn from the best, ask questions and meet other Survey123 users.
- What's new in Survey123 for ArcGIS
- Wednesday, March 6 from 5:30pm to 6:30 pm
- San Jacinto room.
- Extending Survey123 for ArcGIS
- Thursday, March 7 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Pasadena/Sierra/Ventura rooms.
- ArcGIS Mobile Apps. The Road Ahead
- Thursday, March 7 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Primrose B room.
Other related Technical Workshops
If you plan to extend or customize Survey123, the AppStudio sessions are a must.
- Building Native Cross-Platform Apps with AppStudio: An Introduction
- Tuesday, March 05 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Mesquite C
- Building Native Cross-Platform Apps with AppStudio: Advanced Topics
- Wednesday, March 06 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Primrose C-D
Survey123 Demo Theaters
Short and to the point sessions focusing on very specific topics. Live demos and time for questions are guaranteed. All Demo Theaters take place at the showcase area.
- Workflow Automation with Survey123
- Thursday, March 7 from 9:00am to 9:30am
- Demo Theater 2
- Inter-app Communication with ArcGIS Apps
- Thursday, March 7 from 2:30pm to 3:00pm
- Demo Theater 3
- Mobile Device Management and ArcGIS Field Apps
- Thursday, March 7 from 3:00pm to 3:30pm
- Demo Theater 3
Survey123 Special Interest Group (SIG)
This session is a great place to mingle with other Survey123 Ninjas and members of the Survey123 team. Keep your own lunch box because this SIG takes place at noon. We will break the ice with help from a special guest who will share his own work deploying Survey123. Then we will open an interactive Q&A session.
- Survey123 SIG
- Thursday, March 7 from noon to 1:00pm
- Primrose A at the Palm Springs Convention Center