We just released a minor update to Survey123 including a few high priority fixes. Here are the highlights:
- Submit photos in public surveys where query capabilities are disabled: This is quite a critical fix for all of you working with public surveys involving sensitive data. Starting with this update, you can protect data from your public surveys by disabling queries in your survey feature layer and allow anonymous users to submit data and photos. We announced this issue as resolved for the Survey123 field app in a previous update and now this update to the Survey123 web app completes the fix so you can submit from either the Survey123 web or native apps. For more details on working with Public Surveys and disabling queries to protect your data, refer to Getting Started with Public Surveys
The fix described above will take effect on all newly published surveys. If you already have a survey published and you are running into this issue, then you will need to republish the survey (from Connect or Web Designer as appropriate). Republishing your survey will not cause the loss of any previously captured data. In the event that any data needs to be deleted during the publishing process, then you will be warned in advance. For details on situations where republishing a survey may cause data loss refer to the Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS help topic.
- BUG-000114225 Report generated from the Survey123 for ArcGIS website shows incorrect time. Also discussed at date/time error on report beta .This now has been fixed.
Survey123 Field App (Build 3.0.149)
The Survey123 Field App has been updated across all supported platforms. You can download it into your mobile device from the Google Play, Amazon and Apple app stores.
- Missing data in the first record of a repeat group when the survey is open from the Inbox, Draft, Sent or Outbox folders or the repeat_count XLSForm column is used: This issue has been described through BUG-000115742, BUG-000115754 as well as GeoNet threads including problem when using a repeat count limit, in survey123 mobile app only , Data Lost When Saved as Draft and Can you edit a repeat of an already submitted record? Thanks to all who helped us narrow down the issue and/or validated the fix through the Survey123 Early Adopter Program.
- Fixes to autocomplete appearance: The autocomplete appearance is used to provide auto-suggest (or auto-complete) capabilities to lists in Survey123. This update includes a handful of important fixes to problems you reported. For example, autocomplete now supports the use of default values, html formatting for choice labels in the list (see details athtml formating select one list) and also shows previously entered data when working with surveys open from the Inbox (referenced by Stefano Mauri at Populate select_one question with a value from asset). For completeness on the status of the autocomplete appearance, you should also know that there is still some work pending regarding calculations and autocomplete. Specifically, calculations will not trigger automatically when your survey record is open from the Inbox, Sent or Draft folders, if you choose to apply the autocomplete appearance to your select_one question (this fix is targeted for our 3.1 release in October 2018).
- Added error explanation when attempting to submit to a feature service that doesn't allow users to add features: This caused a headache to Carl Holt and we do not want that to happen! See the Send Error Geonet thread for details.
- Fixed override issues on geopoint questions: This issue is described in detail at Survey123 calculating geopoint defaults back to GPS In short, with this release, the location from your device will no longer override the value of a geopoint question if an expression is added to the XLSForm calculation column. This ensures that the geopoint value will always be set from your calculation.
- Strike-through fix on labels of choices: As described by Braden Burkholder, the labels of choices in dropdown lists were stroked-through in some specific conditions (select_one with minimal appearance within a repeat, with a relevant statement applied and set as required). The issue, which is described at Strikethrough on Repeat Records has been addressed in this update. Thanks Branden for finding the problem and helping us validate the fix too through the Early Adopter Program!
- Survey123 Connect (Build 3.0.142) has also been update. This release of Survey123 Connect includes very minor fixes.
- We have not made available the source code of this update with AppStudio for ArcGIS. This update is built using AppStudio for ArcGIS version 3.1, which is still not publicly available. We will get the source code in AppStudio up to date once 3.1 is released in September 2018.
- A What is New historic archive is available at What's new in Survey123—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS
Our next planned release is 3.1, which is targeted for October 2018. If you would like to learn more about what is coming with the release and want to test your production surveys with it, I encourage you to sign up to our Survey123 Early Adopter Program. Key features planned for 3.1 include:
- Keep attention to and provide fixes to critical software defects that may get on your way.
- Add support for working with external GNSS receivers in the Survey123 field app, so you can not only get more accurate location data, but also be able to store all GNSS metadata from the device (FixType, VDOP, HDOP, Num of Satellites, FixTime, Horizontal Accuracy etc)
- Add support for Question Piping in both the Survey123 field and web apps, so you can embed within the label of a question a response to a previous question in your form.