Did you know...there are so many classrooms in New Zealand that will never experience GIS without the encouragement and support of a GeoMentor! So why not encourage a GIS Professional you know to connect with a school and visit a classroom.
If you need some reasons to encourage people to become GeoMentors why not
- tell them your story about GeoMentoring
- remind them that children at schools right now are the meme generation so communicate visually and are therefore primed to communicate with GIS
- make sure they know there are pre-written lessons that they could run in the classroom, geoinquiries are a great place to start
- connect them with this group so they can ask questions and share stories about their GeoMentoring experiences
- get them to register as a GeoMentor so Eagle Technology can help them get connected to a local school who is keen for some assistance,
Lets help to make GIS accessible in more New Zealand classrooms.