While it is great, as a Schools Geomentor, you can do a lot of back end ArcGIS Online administration on behalf of your school teacher there is also huge benefits of upskilling your teachers to be able to utilise this functionality inside of ArcGIS Online themselves. Or as the Chinese proverb says
You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.
To be able to assist with this learning process, Eagle Technology and the GIS Champions funded by the Geography Network of Expertise are producing a series of videos showcasing various "administration" items in ArcGIS Online.
Below is a list of videos currently available:
- Running an ArcGIS Online Status Report
- Changing a students role in ArcGIS Online so they can run analysis
- Setting ArcGIS Online new member defaults
- Changing User Types in ArcGIS Online
- Adding a comment to students maps or apps
- Finding spatial data for a GIS lesson
These resources are freely accessible with no login required. If you or your teachers have difficulty accessing these resources try logging out of your ArcGIS Online account.