NOTICE: This AppStudio Workshop is now full. Those interested in the workshop can register to be put on the waitlist and notified of future workshops.
AppStudio for ArcGIS Virtual Workshop
The AppStudio for ArcGIS team will be holding a free virtual workshop starting on April 28th. This hands-on workshop will give attendees the knowledge and skills they need to quickly start building cross-platform native apps with AppStudio. The workshop is divided into 4 sections which will be presented over a two week period. Please see the agenda below for details on workshop dates and times.
Who should attend? Esri users who are interested in building cross-platform apps using AppStudio for ArcGIS.
We will be using Zoom video conferencing technology to present the workshop, this will give the AppStudio team the ability to interact with attendees through chat and video conferencing. We will post the workshop video recording each day, this will give attendees with scheduling conflicts an opportunity to catch up on the material before the next section.
This is a free workshop, but you must register to attend as space will be limited.
If you are interested in attending, please click the Register button above and complete the registration form.
If you have any questions about the workshop, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-The AppStudio Team
Tuesday April 28th 9:00am – 12:00pm PST
Day 1 – ArcGIS AppStudio: The Basics
- Workshop Introduction and Prep
- AppStudio Overview
- Tour of AppStudio Desktop
- Introduction to AppStudio Player
- Exercise Configuring your first App
Thursday April 30th 9:00am – 12:00pm PST
Day 2 – ArcGIS AppStudio: Design, Distribution and Customization
- Tips and Tricks of App Design
- Distributing your AppStudio Apps
- The AppStudio Architecture
- Customizing your app with Code
- Introduction to Qt Creator
- Exercise: Customizing an App with code
Tuesday May 5th 9:00am – 12:00pm PST
Day 3 – ArcGIS AppStudio: Coding Essentials
- Testing and Debugging your Apps
- Using Sample code in your app
- AppStudio Coding Concepts
- Building Layouts with QML
- Exercise: Create an app from Scratch
Thursday May 7th 9:00am – 12:00pm PST
Day 4 – ArcGIS AppStudio: Mapping and Advanced Components
- Introduction to ArcGIS Runtime
- Exercise: Putting a Map in your App
- The Benefits of the AppStudio Framework
- Add cross-platform functionality with Plugins
Exercise: Add Framework Components to your App