With AppStudio for ArcGIS now officially released, its a good time to recreate any apps that you may have made during the AppStudio beta to be sure they are using the most up-to-date template code. In particular, do recreate your map tours as they may no longer work.
The change made to map tour was very small - we took out an import statement that was not being used. But the consequence is that when you attempt to run your app inside AppStudio Player (or attempted to build it with cloud make), your app will appear as a white screen.
If you have made many map tour apps - we have created a sample that can help you repair your existing apps.To download the sample,
- Open AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition)
- Browse to Search > Groups > Sample Apps
- Download the Map Tour Update sample
This sample will.
- find all apps in your ~\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Apps folder, of the type map tour and in each of them,
- remove the import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Runtime.Dialogs 1.0 from the top of the file MapTour/MapTourApp.qml, and
- copy the file MapTour/PortSignInDialog.qml to your existing map tours MapTour folder
You could also do these steps manually without running the sample. Be sure to create a new map tour with version 1.0 of AppStudio to get a copy of the MapTour/PortSignInDialog.qml file to copy into your old app.