We have created a complex Story Map (Map Journal) with embedded Story Maps and apps that contains a large number of images. These images were uploaded to the various Story Map chapters and embedded in our main Story Map. All is working well, but now it is time to create a Spanish language version, so we copied the Story Map using GeoJobe into a new folder and made the text updates in Spanish. However, we found that in the Spanish copy there are no longer any of the uploaded images stored (screenshots below for illustration). We tried using 'ArcGIS Online Assistant' to change the image path to the path in the original story map document, but only got an error message (blank page with the loading bar).
We understand that if we had used web URLs for our images we wouldn't have this problem, but wonder if there is anything short of re-uploading the images to the copied Story Map that would made the images available to the copy.
Original version with uploaded image
Spanish Copy - embedded image no longer available