freehandDraw.js

07-13-2016 11:04 PM

freehandDraw.js

If anyone is interested, we've built a freehand draw tool for the JavaScript 4.0 API. GitHub repo:

GitHub - kingy68/esri-javascript-draw-4

Can be extended/changed to handle other shapes pretty easily, we only needed freehand draw.

Note: this is only an interim solution until the proper draw tools are released, it is not being developed further/supported.

Attachments
Comments
JW1

Thanks. Is there any easy way to disable map's navigation in version 4.1?

Hey,

View.gestureManager.inputManager.manager.options.enable = false

That should disable all gestures on the Map View object. Then setting that same property to true, will enable it again.

See how that goes.

Cheers,

Jordan

JW1

Thanks. I saw this method in your JavaScript file. It works well.

Hey,

Just an update on this, I have noticed that you will get odd behaviour if using touch screens with the above properties. To get around it, you can use these instead:

view.gestureManager.inputManager.gestures.drag.options.enable = false;
view.gestureManager.inputManager.gestures.altdrag.options.enable = false;
JW1

Thank you. It works fine for me.

Do you have a workaround for the projection problem?

https://community.esri.com/thread/184034-graphics-not-displayed-in-js-api-41-with-custom-projection-... 

Hi Jordan, 

Is there a way to disable double-click? I wanted to disable double click as well but I couldn't find any API reference. 

Thanks.

Never mind, I figured that out. It was view.gestureManager.inputManager.gestures["double-click"].options.enable = false; 

Hi All,

I've updated the repo in the original post to work with the 4.2 API.

Cheers,

Jordan

JW1

With 4.2 API, instead of using the handlers of "view.container", is there anyway to use something like "gestureManager" or "inputManager" for the 2D view? Thanks,

Hey J W‌,

I haven't been able to find gestureManager as an object of the View at 4.2. My guess is that Esri Inc. have wrapped this functionality up into the inputManager. At this stage, it looks like they are still changing the inputManager design (it has changed from 4.0, 4.1 to 4.2), hence the need to keep finding new ways to disable the map controls.

I've only sat down looking at the inputManager at 4.2 for about 30 minutes or so, and the handlers seemed like the easiest way to control the map controls so far. If you think there is a better way, then submit some changes to the repo above with a pull request and I'll take a look (or someone from Esri Inc. might be able to provide some insights here!).

Cheers,

Jordan

JW1

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your update. I thought you might have some inside news about it. Let's wait for the next version then.

Regards,

Jing

Version history
Last update:
‎07-13-2016 11:04 PM
Updated by:
Contributors