Known issues with homepage redesign and community improvements

Document created by timothy_hales-esristaff Employee on Mar 14, 2016Last modified by timothy_hales-esristaff Employee on Aug 17, 2016
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Your responses to our homepage redesign and site improvements have been outstanding! We have received a lot of positive comments as well as some feedback concerning the changes. Although a lot of testing and evaluation went into these changes, you may encounter some issues. Many of you have already reported several issues under the comments section of the update blog (Update on homepage redesign and other community improvements). As of the initial creation of this document there were over 50 comments on that post, and I want to make sure we do not overlook any issue. I have compiled a list of reported issues below so that you know that I have seen your feedback and can also keep you updated on its status. Feel free to message me or comment if you encounter any additional issues that I have not listed, and I will update this document accordingly.

IssueReferenceDescriptionStatusNotes
New Issues
All content page filters overlap

Community Moderator Group

At certain screen sizes, there is a conflict with the Content filters and the display buttons. This happens both while logged in and not logged in.

AllContentOverlapFilters.png

Partially FixedLabel no longer overlap, but icons do
All content page left column overlapMar 11, 2016 8:12 AM

Edge on windows 10 shows overlapping containers

x.png

Fixed
Latest news not responsiveThe Latest News section does not respond correctly on mobile.Fixed
Jive Software Defects
Mobile overrides landing pages

Thumbnails on main pages (Products/Industries/Developers) are overridden when viewed on mobile. The content view is displayed instead of the overview page.

Open Jive Case
Document comment pagesMar 22, 2016 7:53 PMWhen you have a document with multiple comment pages and you make a new comment, after the comment is posted you will be taken to the first comment page instead of remaining on the page to posted the comment to.Fixed
Blog bread crumb links is brokenMar 10, 2016 7:36 AMThe bread crumb to "blog posts" (which may be followed by "in x other places") is giving an error. Fixed
Saving existing blog post as draft overwrites original contentMar 10, 2016 6:45 AMWhen you editing an existing blog post, Save as draft is an option. When you select that button your existing content will be overwritten. This includes attributes such as view count and url.Open Jive Bug
Thread discussion bread crumbMar 14, 2016 2:56 PMWhen I look at a thread and then click the Discussions link i.e. All Places > Developers > Web Developers > ArcGIS API for JavaScript > Discussions I get a list of discussions that is a different list then when I originally go to the content tab or when I click on the "All Content (xxxx)" link. The link points to content filtered by discussions.Open Jive Bug
Duplicate questionsMar 9, 2016 2:47 PMWhen you create a discussion or question, the post button does not disable after clicking it. If you click it more than one time while the page reloads, multiple content gets createdFixed
Reduce whitespace around content attributes

Mar 12, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 13, 2016 1:07 PM

is it possible to reduce the screen real estate of the boxes directly under the original post? that is, the "outcomes", "visibility, tags, etc", and the number of comments.  Those pieces of info take up basically a full page before I ever see a response.

image.png

Enhancement Submitted
8 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes