Frequently Asked MOOC Questions - DIY Geo Apps

Document created by ANg-esristaff Employee on Dec 29, 2015Last modified by ASchutzberg-esristaff on Dec 19, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When is the next offering of DIY Geo Apps? How do I register?

The master calendar for all the MOOCs is at http://www.esri.com/mooc. Scroll to the middle of the page. You can register for the next session at http://esri.com/mooc/diy-geo-apps. On the course start date you will receive an invitation to begin the course. 

Will I get a certificate for the MOOC?

Students who complete the course in its entirety will receive a certificate of completion.

How much do I need to know about app development and GIS?

The MOOC has no prerequisites, but some familiarity with app development concepts or GIS concepts may enhance your experience. If you’re new to GIS, you may find it helpful to go through the free Esri web course, Getting Started with GIS.

Do I need to have access to ArcGIS software?

No. All MOOC students will be given access to an ArcGIS Online organizational account during the course. It will used to complete the hands-on exercises. Please be sure your computer meets the ArcGIS Online system requirements.

Can I take the lessons at any time?  Are there weekly deadlines?

You are free to work at your own pace. The course includes seven sections consisting of video lectures, exercises, quizzes, and other activities such as polls and discussions. All of the course content is available when the course begins. To plan your time, expect to spend about 1-2 hours on each section (15-20 minutes of video content and about 1 hour of work on the exercises). To earn a certificate of completion, all sections must be completed within two weeks of the class end date. 

How long will I have access to the content after the MOOC ends?

You will have two weeks after the session ends to finish the exercises in ArcGIS Online. After that time the ArcGIS Online accounts and course content will no longer be available.

Will the MOOC show up in my Esri training history?

Yes. Certificates from January 2018 going forward will appear in your training history. Past MOOC certificates, from 2014-2017, will be added during 2018.

If I still have a question, where can I get help?

For general course questions visit this Help page. There's also a form to e-mail specific questions, if yours is not answered. For questions or issues with the course content, the forums are the best source of information. We encourage you to look through them, as your question may already have been asked and answered.

Attachments

Outcomes