Here are the questions and answers from the webinar, Using Crowdsourced GIS to Address Water Waste.
- Q1: As a water utility outside LA can I receive notification in case of a report in my service area?
- A1: CitySourced platform can be configured to work with any agency anywhere in the world. We use your agencies own authoritative GIS data to configure reports submitted locally.
- Q2: Please discuss a little bit about the development side.
- A2: Native mobile apps built with Objective C and Java, web application layer on .NET, and database hosted on Microsoft Azure.
- Q3: Could we have access to the workshops when the webinar is done?
- A3: The recoding will be available on the Esri Water Meetup site and the
Esri Water GeoNet group.
- Q4: Is there integration with ArcGIS online?
- A4: Yes. CitySourced software is built with out-of-the-box bi-direction integration with ArcGIS online, ArcGIS server, and 50+ other back office software systems.
- Q5: What type of reporting methods are available? Can automated mail out violation notifications be implemented off of the data capture?
- A5: CitySourced bi-direction integrations allow organizations to push data into other systems which drive related back office functions such as violation notices, PLL, Asset Management, Work Order Management, and more.
- Q6: Can the app capture the GPS location of the photo? Specifically the GPS location of an image pulled from the gallery.
- A6: We don't currently support grabbing location via the photo's metadata. We've tested that process in our dev environment and found the results inaccurate for a few reasons. First, we allow for multiple photo attachments. Additionally, photo location data will grab the nearest approximation of location, which may not allow for full 2-3 seconds required for complete GPS loading
- Q7: What backend Esri software configuration is required?
- A7: We support ArcGIS 9.3.1 and above. All Esri content must be presented as public end points, accessible through web services
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more inquiries.