Logging into GeoNet requires that you have an Esri Account. When logging in you may encounter one of the following errors:
Email address already exists
You are logging in with an email address that already exists in https://geonet.esri.com. Please login with the account already being used in the Esri community, or update your email address – https://my.esri.com
GeoNet requires that each account have an unique email address. If an email address has already been established within GeoNet with another Esri Account, then you will not be able to add other accounts that use the same email address.
- Log into My Esri with the "old username" account.
- Change the email address to something other than the current email address.
- Log into GeoNet with the "old username" account. This will sync the email change in GeoNet.
- Go to your profile to confirm the email address has been changed.
- Log out of the "old username" account from GeoNet.
- Log into GeoNet with the "new username".
Not enabled for Esri Access
Your account is not enabled for Esri access.
Contact your ArcGIS administrator for more information.
The Esri Account you are logging in with is attached to an ArcGIS Organization account that has disabled Esri Access.
Contact your ArcGIS Organization administrator to have your account enabled for Esri Access. Some organization may not allow their accounts access, so you may need to use another Esri Account.
- Log into ArcGIS Organization (Administrator).
- Find the account under Members.
- Click the gear to access a list of actions.
- Click Enable Esri Access