Frequently Asked MOOC Questions - The Location Advantage

Document created by abarrington-esristaff Employee on Mar 16, 2015Last modified by ASchutzberg-esristaff on Dec 19, 2017
Version 22Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When is the next offering of The Location Advantage? How do I register?

The master calendar for all the MOOCs is at http://www.esri.com/mooc. Scroll to the middle of the page to see the dates. You can register for the next offering of The Location Advantage at http://esri.com/locationadvantage. On the course start date you will receive an invitation to begin the course. If you register after the course start date, it may take a few days to receive your e-mail invitation. 

Is there anything new in the April 2017 and later offerings of the course?

While the course content has not changed substantially, the offerings of The Location Advantage after April 2017 touch on new tools in Business Analyst Web App. The hands-on exercises now include work with infographics and the site suitability tool, and the use of a story map as a presentation tool.

Will I get a certificate for the MOOC?

Students who complete the course in its entirety will receive a certificate of completion.

How much do I need to know about GIS?

The MOOC has no prerequisites, but some familiarity with GIS concepts may enhance your experience. If you’re new to GIS, you may find it helpful to go through the free Esri web course, Getting Started with GIS.

What software will I use? What are the system requirements?

All MOOC students will have access to ArcGIS Online and Business Analyst Web App for the duration of the course. Your browser will need to meet the ArcGIS Online system requirements.

Can I take the lessons at any time?  Are there weekly deadlines?

You are free to work at your own pace. The course includes six lessons with video lectures, hands-on case studies, quizzes, and discussions. Lessons are released weekly on Tuesday at 12pm Pacific Time. Expect to spend about three hours on each lesson. To earn a certificate of completion, all lessons must be completed within two weeks of the class end date. 

How long will I have access to the content after the MOOC ends?

You will have two weeks after the session ends to finish the exercises in ArcGIS Online and Business Analyst Web App. After that date you will no longer be able to access ArcGIS Online and Business Analyst Web App or the course materials. You are welcome to register to take the course again if you are unable to complete it or simply want to work through the material again.

Will the MOOC show up in my Esri training history?

Yes. Certificates from January 2018 going forward will appear in your training history. Past MOOC certificates, from 2014-2017, will be added during 2018.

If I still have a question, where can I get help?

For general course questions visit this Help page. There's also a form to e-mail specific questions, if yours is not answered. For questions or issues with the course content, the forums are the best source of information. We encourage you to look through them, as your question may already have been asked and answered.

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes