Content including replies, comments or questions in GeoNet can be marked as a correct answer or as helpful. Marking replies, comments, and questions as correct or helpful will foster collaboration and promote useful contributions within the GeoNet Community. It also lets others searching for, following, or commenting on content know the answer is helpful or the question is resolved.
Using the Mark Correct Feature for Questions
The original author or the group/space moderators have the option to mark a reply to a question as correct. This will highlight the reply and bring it to the top of the question letting others know it is answered correctly.
- Open the question to view the replies
- Find the correct reply/answer
- Click Mark Correct
The border around the reply will turn green, and an Unmark Correct button will appear.
The answer is also copied into the body of the original question at the top of the page, and the question will be marked as answered.
Using the Helpful Feature for Documents, Replies, and Comments
- For documents, click the Helpful button. It will be at the bottom of the document body.
- For replies and comments to questions and discussions, it will be in the bottom right corner of a reply box. Choose Yes to mark as helpful.
- To remove the Helpful mark, select the Helpful button or Yes while highlighted in green and the content will no longer be marked as Helpful.