What is a GeoNet MVP?
- A GeoNet MVP is a GeoNet member who is an elite and valued contributor of the GeoNet Community.
- They are an Esri user, customer or partner. They are not an Esri staff or distributors; those audiences are referred to at GeoNet Champions.
- They are highly active (logging in multiple times per month) and consistently contributing high-value content by answering questions, posting blogs, sharing their workflows and helping the GeoNet team advance the community vision and strategy.
- They are influencers and trusted advisers to both Esri users and staff and their support, time and contributions are critical to achieving the mission of the GeoNet Community.
What are the benefits of being a GeoNet MVP?
- GeoNet MVPs will be invited into a private and exclusive MVP group in the community.
- Within the group and through other MVP channels facilitated by the GeoNet team they will:
- Receive regular updates from the GeoNet team, including invites to quarterly meetings
- Have a place to connect and collaborate with other MVPs
- Receive sneak peaks at upcoming changes to GeoNet and help influence future community strategy
- Contribute feedback and involvement in different community initiatives
- Learn about the development of the Esri Advisor program which includes gaining access to broader Esri resources, staff, development, initiatives etc.)
- More details on the evolution and merging of the current GeoNet MVP program into the future Esri Advisor program will be shared later in 2019.
How to become an MVP
- Invited to join by the GeoNet team
- Referral from an existing MVP (Referral Form)
- Recommended by Esri Staff or Distributor (Referral Form)
- All requests, recommendations and referrals to become an MVP will be vetted by the GeoNet Team prior to approval.
Requirements to be invited as an MVP
- Be a contest winner
- Earn 5,000 points within the past year
- Quality and impact of earned points and contributions will be evaluated by GeoNet Team.
Criteria to Maintain GeoNet MVP Status (annually)
Required actions: profile, attendance and group contributions
- Complete and keep your GeoNet Profiles current
- Define your expertise externally on the community by completing your profile and skills section.
- Attend at least 2 quarterly MVP meetings (can be a combination of virtual (hosted online) MVP meeting or an onsite MVP meeting (UC, DevSummit, FedGIS, or other Esri events where we are hosting an onsite MVP meeting)
- Provide feedback to GeoNet Team on future developments, strategy and content
Required GeoNet Community contributions: (at least two of the following)
- Earn at least 5,000 points in the previous year (earned points and contributions to be evaluated by GeoNet team)
- Have at least 104 questions marked correct within the past year (average 2 per week)
- Create at least 2 blogs/knowledge base articles within your expertise
- Submit at least 1 idea into ArcGIS Ideas that gets implemented into a future release.
Renewal process to start January 2020
- Current MVPs have a grace period for the remainder of 2019 before they need to meet the maintenance criteria
- New MVPs meeting the 5K annual points requirement will be invited to join in June 2019
Updated Criteria for 2020 MVP Renewal & Membership (adjusted 12/181/19)
New criteria to maintain MVP status for 2020 is as follows:
- Earned at least 1K points throughout the previous year
- Attend at least one MVP quarterly Meeting or view the recording
- Provided value to the community (not based on points, @ GN team discretion) and /or Provide feedback to team when requested
New criteria for new MVPs to be invited for 2020:
Any one of these options will qualify:
- Be a contest winner
- Earn 2,000 points within the past year
- Be referred by a current MVP or Staff/ Dist.