Organization: Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Lexington, KY
Application Deadline: 2019-08-26
Job Title - GIS Analyst (Division of Computer Services/Application Section)
Job ID - 3506
Location - Fayette County, KY
The minimum hourly rate is $19.737 per hour
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime.
Pay Grade 516
FILING DEADLINE DATE
The deadline to apply is Monday, August 26, 2019
The purpose of this classification is to perform technical work in utilizing geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning systems (GPS) with other applications to support the production, maintenance, manipulation, and analysis of spatial data utilized by LFUCG and the general public.
Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four (4) years of college education in computer science, geography, geology, engineering, or a related field; and, a minimum of two (2) years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Creates, verifies, maintains, and populates municipal infrastructure data using information from development plans and other government sources.
- Conducts research, analyzes data, and generates geospatial datasets and digital maps for LFUCG divisions and the general public.
- Provides user support, documentation, training, and GIS software troubleshooting.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- May be required to possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
- All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and to sections 21-52, 22-34 and 23-50 of the Code of Ordinances, all employees must remain drug and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Based on Federal Regulations 19-10 this position may be eligible for and offered the hepatitis vaccinations. In addition, employees will be required to sign a statement stating they have accepted or declined the hepatitis vaccination.
EXAMINATION will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date weighted at 100% of the final score.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded to the application.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse