Requisition Number: 52012
What We’re Looking For:
The City of Fort Worth Information Technology Services is seeking to hire an IT Programmer Analyst II to work with our GIS group to support/develop/deploy applications as well as support the enterprise GIS infrastructure throughout the organization. This position will be located at the City Hall Annex South (Zipper Building), 275 W. 13th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal departments and external GIS users.
- Support a centralized Enterprise GIS platform including SDE databases, web mapping sites, and associated web apps.
- Develop and optimize automated geoprocessing tasks using python, and SSIS packages.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work within a team environment.
- Flexible to work on multiple assignments at once.
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Geography, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or a related information technology field and two (2) years of responsible experience in computer programming.
- Must be able to pass a CJIS fingerprint background check.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Proficiency in the ESRI suite of products (ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, python scripting, SQL Server, etc.).
- Three (3) years of experience working (both developing and supporting) with GIS web-based applications.
- LG Geocortex experience.
- Proficiency with automating geoprocessing tasks.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with scripting languages (python, transact-SQL).
- ESRI Certifications (ArcGIS I & II).
The Impact You'll Have:
In this position you will have the ability to support solutions that can change the way the City conducts business. You will be performing day to day support for numerous systems/applications, while also working on many enterprise projects that have been approved.