The City of Hyattsville, a city in Prince George's County, Maryland, is seeking a GIS Technician to provide mapping and spatial analysis services to support a wide range of city projects and operations. This position will report to the City Planner and will also take general supervision and direction from the Director of Community & Economic Development.
Essential Functions of this Position:
- GIS Implementation: Develops, operates, and maintains the City's enterprise GIS in support of all City Departments and Divisions, City Council members, and the public as directed.
- GIS & Mapping Solutions: Leverages the ArcGIS platform to develop and deploy web and mobile mapping applications aimed to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Data Management: Creates, configures, and manages geospatial data in ArcGIS file/enterprise geodatabases; Organizes, maintains, and archives electronic and hard copy maps, surveys, and drawings.
- Data Analysis & Visualizations: Utilizes GIS technology and associated tools to support departmental business functions through the preparation of maps, reports, and other data visualization products; Performs routine GIS geoprocesses and analysis.
- Data Integration & Conversion: Participates in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data from many sources, including field data and online data sources. Identifies, reformats, and processes digital and hard copy data for inclusion in the GIS database.
- Quality Control & Assurance: Performs quality control for all data prepared to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Professional Development: Attends GIS-related meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops as directed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Information Systems is required, or other computer-related field including courses specifically related to GIS.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with GIS or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For a full description of this position, follow the link below:
NOTE: To be considered for this position all candidates are to provide a cover letter, resume, AND City application.
Coordinator, Human Resources and Special Projects
City of Hyattsville
4310 Gallatin St.
Hyattsville, MD 20781
This job posting will close on April 9, 2019 at 11:59 PM.