The GIS Specialist is a self-motivated, technically-orientated professional who can maintain a keen understanding of customer service, evolving GIS applications and data management methodologies utilized within the assessment office. This position manages the installation, configuration, upgrades, and troubleshoots system infrastructure.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the professional for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Research, validate and compile all pertinent property, legal & sales data from legal documents
- Assist in planning, design, development, quality review, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to applications
- Assist with map and sales data, do custom research, create custom maps or exhibits as needed
- Function as the GIS liaison between the IT area and other departments within the assessment office and represent the Property Appraiser with other governmental units throughout the county and state
- Provide backup with mapping, splits & combos, legal description interpretation and other duties as assigned
- Assist with coordinating the office's drone flight program
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in GIS, Computer Science, Information Systems is desired. A comparable amount of training and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of GIS experience.
- Methodical knowledge of applications and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to communicate with professionals that have various levels of technical training.
- Significant experience with ArcGIS 10.2 or greater.
- Strong project management skills to allow for timely planning, executing, and reporting on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the operation, function, and scope of various county government offices, with the ability to communicate effectively with elected officials, administrators, professionals and the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard statistical principles, methods and research techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of computer automated mapping, data collection and automated data management systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server databases, SQL and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time with use of both hands and fingers with dexterity.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provide excellent customer service to the public and to fellow professionals with honesty and integrity.