- Background in marine sciences and GIS, or marine survey
- BS degree in a marine science related field or 2 years experience in hydrographic survey
- Certified training or 2 years of experience using multibeam software (CARIS, Hypack, or Qimera)*
- Certified training or 2 years of experience using GIS software for remote sensing and spatial analysis (ArcGIS, Fledermaus, Global Mapper, PCI Geomatica, and Envi)*
- Ability to conduct field mapping in marine environments
- Have demonstrated seaworthiness and be able to pass a standard swim test
- Able to travel for multiple two-three week missions a year
- Able to learn quickly, work with a team or independently, and strong problem solving skills
- Data management and organization
- Able to organize GIS data and create metadata for habitat map products
- Have good written and oral communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- Able to work simultaneously and effectively on multiple projects and areas of interest
*Preferred mapping software; others will be evaluated based on applicant's skill and experience
CSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To qualify for the position, applicants must be meet the minimum requirements for (1) working in the United States and (2) obtaining access to a U.S Federal Facility.
To apply please visit CSS' Career Web Portal at: