Our GeoNet platform recently updated the profile page with a cleaner, simpler and more functional look. The data in a profile will not be impacted, only the layout of the profile page. Below is an example of the new profile page. The new layout does impact the profile Picture.
- All profile information is now in a left navigation.
- The primary profile picture and the avatar are now one in the same. If a member has a different profile picture than their avatar, when this update takes place, the profile picture will become part of the pictures gallery at the bottom of the new profile, and the current avatar will be the profile pic at the top of the profile page.
- Also, note that the email and preferred address will only show if the user has indicated they want it to be public.
- Additional changes include:
- The ability to add a banner image. Profile Banner Images
- The ability to add Skills is as easy as typing in a new skill and clicking Add Skills. Adding Skills to Your Profile
- Your photo gallery has been moved to the bottom of the profile and remains as simple as before to upload photos. Upload Your Profile Photo and Avatar
- Your content is now displayed in a larger content column listing out your Top Content, Recent Activity, and Most Liked Content.
- Your navigation allows you to see more including Bookmarks, Rewards, and Calendar.
|Old Profile||New Profile|
Now that you have seen the updates to your GeoNet profile, here's more about:
Setting Up Your Profile Your Profile
Modifying Your Profile Privacy Settings
Set up and Change GeoNet Email Preferences
Creating Bookmarks in GeoNet
Additional GeoNet how-to's and resources can be found on the GeoNet Tools & Resources page.