- Attribute Rule Enhancements – Additional user experience for creating and modifying rules, existing rule validation, and support for querying additional layers as part of calculation or constraint-based rules.
- Dimensions - Create, manage, and edit dimensions in an updated format for the ArcGIS Platform.
- Contingent Values - Ability to set domain lists based on attribute values of other fields.
- Parcel Management - The new generation parcel fabric will introduce 2D/3D editing capabilities and a simpler more efficient approach for parcel maintenance. The new generation of the parcel fabric can be edited from the entire ArcGIS Platform and maintained using the new improved editing functionality of ArcGIS Pro.
- Building Scene Layer – Publish buildings from Revit files as Buildings Scene Layers in the Web GIS and consume them by clients across the platform.
- Reports - Generate and share multipage reports using grouping, summaries, and tabular information.
- Offset printing – Color management, spot color support, and support for overprints and knockouts used in offset lithography and commercial printing processes.
- Extract Locations from Text – Discovers & extracts geocoordinates, place names, and other critical information within unstructured text data
- Dynamic Feature Binning – Dynamic grouping of features in order to visualize areas with greater and lesser numbers of features when displaying data at varying scales.
- Scatterplot Matrix- Examine relationships between multiple variables in one visualization.
- Mobile Scene Package - Create Scenes packages with 3D content that can be consumed across the platform directly or as published Web Scenes and Layers in the Web GIS.
- 3D Interpolation - Supports prediction of ocean and atmosphere variables through 3D interpolation
- Parallel desktop geoprocessing using Spark- Spatial-temporal analysis tools that run across multiple cores on a single desktop machine, resulting in increased performance.
- Deep Learning support for Image Analysis - Inference (detect objects and classify pixels) using selected deep learning toolkits and the raster functions framework as part of the Image Analyst Extension
- Projects in the Enterprise – Share and collaborate more effectively with others in your organization.
- Layer blend modes - control the appearance of layers by blending content using a variety of blending modes
- Presentations - Create and share a collection of map and scene views along with titles, graphics, and descriptive text as presentations.
- Animated symbols – Symbols that dynamically change to show the direction of movement, change in intensity, or fluctuations in value to support scientific temporal visualizations.
- Materials - Cross-platform support for materials and texture properties to support reflectivity, roughness, and other renderer properties that will allow ArcGIS apps to assign realistic materials to objects in 3D scenes.
- 3D Effects - The ability to apply glow, motion, and other shader-based effects as cartographic symbology to content in 3D scenes to communicate data directionality or magnitude.
- GPS Support – Connect, collect data, and update positions directly from a GPS device.
- Voxel Scene Layer - Explore large multidimensional space-time voxel cubes for scientific applications
- Trend Profile Chart - An exploratory spatial data analysis tool that examines global trends in data and is a useful precursor to geostatistical modeling.
- Dynamic Feature Clustering – Dynamic grouping of features in order to visualize areas with greater and lesser numbers of features when displaying data at varying scales.
- New Extensions
- Aviation: Charting
- Roads and Highways
- Physically based rendering - The ability to use material properties for smoothness, glossiness, roughness, and other characteristics to render realistic textures in 3D scenes.
- Geoprocessing in the database - New options to run geoprocessing tools like Buffer, Spatial Join, or Select Layer By Attribute as spatial queries in supported databases.
- 3D Mesh as Ground - The ability to use integrated mesh or TIN information as a true triangulated ground surface that would be more precise than our raster surfaces and allow structures such as tunnels and mines
- Terrain Editing - Edit features participating in a terrain dataset. Add, remove and replace data referenced by terrains.
For more information on the current release of ArcGIS Pro visit http://pro.arcgis.com