New GeoNet Place Request Process
Welcome to GeoNet where we collaborate with others, share questions, post updates, and so much more. By creating a place in GeoNet, you open opportunities for others to become partners in the success of Esri, GeoNet, and the world of GIS. If you are interested in creating your own place in the GeoNet community, follow the steps below to start your request.
Things to know before you submit a request:
1. There are two (2) types of places created on GeoNet, Spaces and Groups. When you submit your request the GeoNet team will decide which type of place best fits your use case.
- Spaces are reserved for formal interactions around Esri products, industries, program, services and initiatives. Most spaces will be owned by an Esri staff user.
- Groups are used for general collaboration around a specific topic, like regional groups, user groups, ad-hoc collaboration. Most non-Esri staff requests will be created as a group.
2. With place ownership comes responsibility. As a Group or Space owner you are expected to moderate and monitor your place. For more information on place ownership responsibilities, please read: Space & Group Owner Guidelines.
To request a new place please follow these steps:
1. If you are Esri staff or a Distributor download and fill-out the Esri request form
If you are Non-Esri staff please download and fill-out the non-Esri request form
2. Once the form is complete, upload it to this group (Actions, Files). For step by step instructions read: Uploading Files
3. Before publishing your file, please select the Category: New Requests
The GeoNet team will review your request and follow up with you in 5 business days. You can return to this group to check the status of your request. If you have any questions please ask them here.