Dear CityEngine users,
this is a "live" document to provide additional information regarding the Unreal Engine support of CityEngine. The Unreal exporter of CityEngine is based on the Epic Games' Datasmith SDK which is currently (May 2018) accessible via the Unreal Studio beta program (see below).
How to get started?
- Get the latest CityEngine: Esri CityEngine (see also Esri CityEngine Requirements).
- Join the Unreal Studio Beta: Unreal Studio (see also the Unreal Requirements).
- Install the Epic Games Launcher.
- Watch our Webinar: Registration.
- Consult our FAQ.
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher. In the Vault, locate the CityEngine Model Loader template project.
Note: The Unreal Studio subscription will automatically add the latest corresponding Datasmith import plugins to the Epic Games Launcher (see "Unreal Studio" section in the Epic Games Launcher).
- Use our template project to create a scene ready to receive Datasmith files exported from CityEngine.
- To export metadata (e.g. GIS attributes on building models): CityEngine Metadata export into Unreal Engine.
- Consult the CityEngine Help on Unreal Export.
Esri R&D Zurich
PS: The Unreal Datasmith workflow is still in beta (until Epic Unreal Studio will leave beta state).