There are several ways to help you find people, places, and content in your community. Search, browse, your history, bookmarks, and your profile are some of the more common ways to find things.
The search functionality allows you to use keywords to find the content, places, or persons you’re looking for.
- Click the search iconin the upper right corner located next to the pencil. Start typing the keyword(s) in the field.
- After typing three characters, the spotlight search will show suggested results and will refine as you enter more characters.
- If you see your desired result, click on it.
- If you do not see your result, hit the enter key to navigate to the search results page where you can refine the search.
Tip: Adding tags (keywords) to your content and places will improve search results.
The browse interface allows you to view all of the people, places, and content available to you in the community. It also provides filters to narrow down the results. For example, if you were looking for a document:
- Click the Browse GeoNet in the navigation menu to see the browse c0ontent interface
- By default, the All option will be selected on the left side. You can change this to change the scope of your view.
- Click the Document button along the top of the window. This will remove all other content types from the view and open up other filter options.
- Click the Document type drop-down and choose the type of document or file you’re looking for.
- You can also enter text or tags to help narrow the selections.
History and Bookmarks
Your browse history allows you to go back to the content, people, and places you recently visited. To access your browse history, click in the search field, and select History. The default view is Frequently viewed, but you can change it to Recently viewed to see the last five of each. This is also where you can find content and GeoNet groups or places that you have bookmarked.
You can also search for content and places through your profile.
- Click on your profile avatar and select Your Content or Your Places in the Profile Drop-down Menu.
- Directly below the header area of the profile, click the Content link. This will show your content in a browse type of interface.
- Optionally, click the Activity link instead and find what you’ve been doing recently, similar to what the activity streams show you.
- Click the More drop-down and see that there are many more options like People (see who you follow and who follows you), Places (where you go to browse places you are involved in), Tasks (your tasks), and Bookmarks. Optionally, you may see Calendar (events) and Reputation (status points) if those are available.
Ask/SearchAdditional to the search, content browse, and profile browse options for finding content, the Ask It (i.e., Ask My Question) and Search fields allow you to start typing and populate potential results within GeoNet places and groups.