We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanization and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimizing and renewing resources is essential to our future. SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tons of waste each year and produces 7 terawatt hours of local and renewable energy. With 82,500 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of $16.5 billion in 2016.
This position will provide technical expertise using Geographic Information System (GIS) and related systems to improve business efficiency for operations. Responsible for supporting all the departments of the operation by maintaining the GIS system, training staff, and deploying new GIS services to operations. Accountable for daily, weekly, and quarterly GIS maintenance for the GIS system. In addition, this position will ensure the GIS activities are aligned with the corporate GIS vision and standards.
- Provides innovative uses of the GIS systems to improve workforce efficiency and optimize the management of information
- Ensures that GIS is meeting the ongoing operational needs of the Company through interaction with end users to ensure operational needs are advanced.
- Trains field and other personnel on the use and applications of GIS and other technical support systems
- Adhere to standards for GIS systems, including but not limited to databases, applications, and training programs
- Produce GIS files and outputs for mapping, engineering projects, and presentations
- Enhances and promotes the utilization of GIS through technical support for other team members on a daily basis
- Maintain the GIS data files through routine maintenance activities such as reconcile and post, verify external database links, and update MXDs and publish.
- Support GPS collection efforts