Esri Public Sector GIS Conference is coming to Philadelphia!

10-26-2017 12:59 PM

Esri Public Sector GIS Conference is coming to Philadelphia!

The Esri Public Sector GIS Conference is coming to Philadelphia, December 5-7, 2017. The purpose of this event is to bring together state and local government GIS professionals to discuss GIS best practices, share ideas and experiences, learn new capabilities, and network with colleagues.  This event offers something for everyone whether you are new to the profession or an experienced practitioner.

My colleagues and I meet with hundreds of state and local government GIS professionals each year. The questions you ask us drive the content that we deliver at this conference.  Here’s a sample of what’s been on your mind lately:

• How do I determine and communicate the business value of GIS to my organization’s leadership (in their language)?
  • What are the best practices for architecting the ArcGIS platform?
  • How can I support real-time data in my organization?
  • How do I develop a mobile strategy?
  • What new ready-to-use solutions are on the horizon?
  • How do I get started with ArcGIS Pro?
  • What is ArcGIS Hub?
  • What can I do with Insights?

We’ll address these and many other questions at the Public Sector GIS Conference. It’s a great place to come and learn more about ArcGIS.  Esri-lead technical sessions range from architecting ArcGIS Enterprise to deploying field apps.  Learn more about spatial analysis capabilities or how to connect with and analyze streaming, real-time data.  Want to get started with ArcGIS Pro?  There are sessions dedicated to the desktop user.

Learn about ready-to-use solutions that support common state & local government business needs as well as solutions that help address community challenges such as opioid abuse, homelessness, or neighborhood revitalization. Developers from the ArcGIS Government Solutions Team will show how to deploy and configure solutions, pair solutions to support common workflows and will preview the road ahead for new offerings.

GIS users and developers will benefit from workshops on the ArcGIS Python API and Web AppBuilder while the GIS for Managers session will offer a fresh perspective on GIS leadership and metrics for success.

One of the most popular offerings is the Hands-On Learning Lab which offers an opportunity to explore a variety of ArcGIS workflows and applications. Choose from more than 20 self-paced lessons on desktop, server and online topics.

This conference is also an opportunity for you to share with your peers how GIS is making a difference in your community. I’m always inspired and energized to learn how the user community is using GIS to make smarter decisions, improve operational efficiency, and enhance citizen engagement.  I encourage you to submit an abstract and show-off your work.

Your participation is what makes the Public Sector GIS Conference a great event. We truly hope to see you there.  Please visit for more details and to register.

Version history
Last update:
‎10-26-2017 12:59 PM
Updated by:
Contributors