Using Questions allows you to ask any question and find a specific solution, start a conversation to get feedback or make decisions. Members of the community can contribute by posting replies. There are three ways you can create and post a question in the GeoNet community. The first is to use the "Ask" button on most pages within the community.
The alternative options are to create a question using the Actions or the Pencil.
- Click Create > Question, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Create Question from the Actions menu on the top-right of any GeoNet page.
- Enter the title for your question in the content field at the top just above the toolbar.
Example: Creating a Question in GeoNet or How do I create a question in GeoNet?
- Type your question in the content body. You can format your text however you’d like, insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables using the toolbar features.
- Spellcheck your question or view your content in the HTML editor by clicking the spellcheck icon or the angle brackets < > in the upper right corner of the toolbar.
- Optionally, attach files to your question for supporting information by clicking the Attach icon in the bottom right of the editor.
- Choose Place where the question will be posted. If this option is already populated you can change it if needed. All content can be posted in a Place, to specific people or as a public piece of content in the general community.
- Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your question is easily searchable. There to five tags help improve search.
- Click the blue Post button to post your question.