Some content types in GeoNet such as discussions and documents can be marked as official or outdated to help other users determine the outcome of the content in question. Other content types may be marked as a success, final or archived as well.
- Navigate to the content to be marked.
- Under the Actions menu located on the right side of the content, choose the desired content outcome option: Final, Official, Outdated or Archived.
- You can only mark one outcome for the content, except for success, which can be added as well.
- If you mark content as with an outcome, it will be displayed above the title of the content and list the user who marked the outcome.
- If you wish to change the outcome to something else (example: changing something from Final to Outdated), simply select the new outcome and confirm the selection.
Note: Outdated will allow you to enter a URL to the more updated content to redirect the user.
Why is the Success outcome allowed to be included with the other outcomes?
The success outcome can be applied to any collaboration, including comments and replies while Final, Outdated and Official can only be applied to the top level piece of content (example: the blog post, document or discussion).