Sample Code: ListView widget

08-15-2017 02:29 PM
Labels (1)

Sample Code: ListView widget

The source code of the widget demonstrated in the online tutorial:

Create a ListView widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments

When I added this widget to my WAB 2.6 version, I am getting an error: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'geometryType' of undefined.  Suggestions please.  

Anonymous User

Hi, Christina

Probably the sample code article doesn't state it clear enough. So basically you need to added a web map that has a feature layer with a picture attribute, such as this one: Society of American Foresters National Convention (web map id: 0a0de46758e249b5be536200ba7f8df4).

After adding the web map, then you can use the settings page of the ListView widget to map the thumbnail and title fields to the appropriate attributes.

Since this is a sample widget, it doesn't have all the checkings to prevent the issues like you encountered. I can improve this sample widget and the tutorial in the future release.

Please let me know if you still have issues adding this widget.

Yiwei

Thank you.  I had a feeling that this was the reason.  I am brand new to WAB Dev edition.  I am looking for all the training I can get. I am aware of Esri's training class. 

Hi Yiwei

Could you please confirm that this sample in zip work fine with latest WebApp builder 2.16?

Thanks!

Regards,
Sergey

Version history
Last update:
‎08-15-2017 02:29 PM
Updated by:
Anonymous User
Contributors