The book provides clear, step-by-step instructions on how to share resources to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, create engaging 2D and 3D information products that work in web browsers and on mobile devices, design smart maps, and perform analysis online.
The first two editions made this book a bestseller and a preeminent book on Web GIS. The third edition builds on that success to match newer releases of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, with the following updates:
- A new chapter on image services and raster analysis
- Separate chapters on mobile GIS and real-time GIS, with a more extensive experience on each
- Tutorials migrated from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro, the new and more powerful tool for processing and publishing GIS resources
- A new 3D chapter showing how to create beautiful 3D scenes easily with only a browser.
- New frontiers such as big data analysis, the Internet of Things (IoT), smart cities, virtual reality, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence.
- New products such as ArcGIS Arcade, Survey123 for ArcGIS, Workforce for ArcGIS, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server, and ArcGIS Image Server
The book provides accompanying lab data and instructors PPT slides that can be downloaded at esri.com/gtkwebgis3. Both eBook and print versions are available through Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Know-Web-GIS-Third .
I hope my book sparks your imagination and encourages creatives uses of Web GIS!
Here is the table of contents of the book.