Plan for GIS success and visit us at UC Expo
It takes preparation to envision and realize the full benefits of the ArcGIS platform – whether you’re implementing for one department or an entire organization. You must define a location strategy that identifies where location (maps, spatial analysis, and more) will add value and determine what is the best approach for adopting new capabilities.
During the Esri User Conference Expo, visit the Esri Services area to talk to Esri experts, get inspired by a lightning talk, and take part in several different activities designed to provide you actionable results to take back to your organization. Try one or all three:
Cloud Readiness Activity– meet with a cloud and GIS expert and review your current GIS implementation.
- Review organizational readiness, logistics/integration, application development, and architecture.
- Receive a recommendation for cloud adoption and areas where you can make adjustments to ease the transition.
- Takeaway: A single-sheet assessment and a recommendation on next steps if considering cloud adoption
- What to bring: a working knowledge of your current environment, but no need to have the technical specs memorized.
Location Strategy Review – an Esri expert will provide you with some key points to consider to start planning for your business.
- Review current location strategy (if one exists)
- Discuss business areas/needs to support or grow
- Discuss your organization’s planned location/GIS profile
- High-level review of as-is state & inventory (business, data, applications, infrastructure, people)
- Takeaway: Personalized initial recommendations plus an electronic copy of Esri’s “Launching Your Location Platform Guide.”
- Optional: bring a copy of your business or solution architecture, strategic plan, organizational chart and your business goals.
Architecture Maturity Activity- Address performance issues, or prepare for expanded use of your enterprise GIS.
- Bring your current Architecture (if one is present)
- List out some high-level requirements
- An Esri Architect will perform a high-level review of your GIS Platform
- Define preparatory steps and activities to be performed to achieve high-level requirements
- Takeaway: List of steps to accomplish the requirements, high-level tasks to be performed to achieve successful GIS Architecture
The Esri Services team is presenting focused lightning talks every half hour, and technical workshops on important topics are scheduled throughout the UC. Strategy and planning are integral components of many sessions at the UC. Here are a few to consider for more information:
- Defining and Driving Location Strategy
- Discover the Location Dimension of Your Business Lightning Talk
- Designing a Web GIS Security Strategy
- Patterns and Practices for Large Scale Upgrades: Lessons from EEAP
- What Makes A Successful GIS Project Implementation?
Visit the Services area site for a list of all the activities offered there.