Place of the Week
Learn ArcGIS launched in July 2019 for educators to share experiences and materials for teaching GIS. Follow the Learn ArcGIS space to ask questions, start a discussion, or to get the latest updates on resources. The Learn ArcGIS team just shared an update to their lessons gallery that allows for sharable filtered URLs.
Featured Content Highlights
Patrick Huls posted his latest entry in a new Telecommunications blog series called Geospatially Enabling Telecom. See Network Transformation: Strategic Planning, Remote Engineering, & Operational Awareness for video demos and links to resources for Strategic Planning Tools, Desktop & Walkout Surveys, Project Tracking, and more.
-- Related: Register to attend GeoConX! Join electric, gas, and telecommunications professionals in Atlanta, GA from October 27-30, 2019.
Have you heard about the StoryMaps Contest? You can win $5,000 for the cause of your choice. Deadline to enter is September 30, 2019. Winners will be announced on GIS Day.
Open Questions & Discussions
- Jocelyn Granger is asking about image caching with the TimeSlider API.
- David Thompson opened a discussion about using Grid Theme and Pages with Survey 123.
- NC OneMap has a few questions about best practices on creating raster proxies for the cloud.
Do you have knowledge in other areas? See if you can answer these unanswered questions in the community.
Product & Service Updates Round-Up
at these product and service updates announced in GeoNet:
- Going Places with Spatial Analysis MOOC starts September 4, 2019 (registration ends September 18, 2019).
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 100.6 has launched along with a preview of support for WPF for .NET Core 3.0.
- Navigator for ArcGIS Beta 3 (Android) listed new updates to test out before final release.
- AppStudio for ArcGIS Version 4.0 has a release update including bug fixes and a list of deprecated features.
- My Esri released new updates to licensing, reports, and more.
- Classic Esri Story Maps announced a bug fix for loading embedded apps that are shared to a group and accessed by a group member from a different organization.
- Esri Vector Basemaps shared a mid-August update, including new content from the Community Maps Challenge.
Discussions about products and professional practices are happening every day in GeoNet. Keep your preferences in the community updated so you don’t miss the opportunity to join a discussion, answer a question, or find information that is relevant to you.
Find the Top Trending content you are following, unanswered questions, and blogs by selecting My News located in the GeoNet navigation bar. Got an idea or suggestion for future weekly updates? Comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow @EsriGeoNet on Twitter.