GeoNet Staff Picks of the Week
How-To Tip of the Week
Recently the GeoNet Resource space began a transformation to give a better experience for new members. That experience includes a journey for new members beginning with the initial login of their first 30-60-90 days. Here are a few links to important steps along your journey:
- GeoNet Resource Hub - New members get a warm welcome from Jack Dangermond and useful links that help guide the initial journey.
- Introduce Yourself! – We invite our new members to introduce themselves to the community. Our GeoNet Community Manager, @Michelle_Mathias responds to every post with a warm welcome. We encourage existing members to pop in a give a quick "Hello" as well.
- GeoNet Community Guiding Principles - Learn how our Guiding Principles "Be Helpful. Be Human. Be Smart." help set the etiquette and tone for the Community by explaining the mission and principles of participation in GeoNet.
- Community Terms Glossary - Review this guide to learn the terminology used within GeoNet, including terms such as tags, spaces, groups, categories.
- Your First Three Actions - This document is a three-step guide to begin the GeoNet journey as a new member starting with the completion of the profile.
What's Happening on GeoNet
Check out this week's curated list of top, trending and highlighted contributions you might have missed. Want to see one of your favorite GeoNet posts on this list? Got an idea or suggestion for future weekly updates? Comment below or contact us at email@example.com.
Did you know that we have a GeoNet community dedicated to ArcGIS Living Atlas? In the Living Atlas space, you can find useful resources and information about the latest releases, links to the newsletter, videos, special dates for Living Atlas events, answers to questions and so much more. Check it out >>
Featured Top Blog
Announcing a minor update for the Survey123 field app for Apple, Google Play, and Amazon app stores. Also available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Read more >>
Featured Unanswered Questions
Think you may have an answer? Help solve this week's featured unanswered question.
The Layer XXX is not responding / cannot be added to the map - L R, GeoNet Member, Portal for ArcGIS
Got more answers and knowledge to share? After answering this week's featured unanswered questions, you can find more unanswered questions needing your help in the My News located in the GeoNet navigation. The more questions you answer, the more we help our GeoNet Community.
Featured Answered Questions of the Week
Security Issue in ArcGIS Server - Elizabeth Donahue, GeoNet Member
Elizabeth Donahue's question, "I received an email from Esri regarding security issue in ArcGIS server. We are currently using Server 10.1 SP1. Is our version affected by this issue?" has received many responses marked as "Helpful" this week. Read the responses >>
Find solutions faster and check out more recently answered questions.
Are you new to the User Conference experience? Read the tips and stories UC veterans offer to help new attendees to the User Conference.