We are excited to introduce a series of new GeoNet Community content! On this blog post, we want to share an overview of the new content and what you can expect. Over the next few weeks, we will begin sharing Weekly How-To Tips and Community News (Monday), a general GIS GeoNet weekly discussion (Wednesday) and GeoNet member success stories (Friday). All the content will be primarily posted in the GeoNet Resource Hub and featured under the News & Tips.
This week, and today, we are introducing the Monday content below which includes the first in a series of How-to tips and curated community content that is new, top or trending.
A couple quick notes about the Monday content:
- The list is curated based on a combination of engagement metrics (views, likes, comments, etc.) so the list will vary weekly and could include members contributions such as blogs, questions (answered/unanswered), discussions, videos or polls.
- Our goal each week is to highlight the most useful content and surface what you might have missed and, when possible, include a short explanation and context about why it's important to the community.
- If you have any suggestions or want us to consider a post you've found useful, contact us and we'll discuss details.
- This curated content list is an ongoing experiment and we welcome your comments and feedback on how to improve it.
We hope that this new series helps you get more out of your GeoNet experience, discover new content and be more aware of what's happening across the community. We want to evolve and improve the content so let us know what you think. Thanks for following along and we hope you enjoy these updates.
GeoNet Community News & Updates
GeoNet will experience downtime for approximately 6 – 8 hours on Friday, April 27 beginning at 6:00 p.m. PST. The downtime will implement new features supporting the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements taking effect in May 2018…Read more >>
Join the conversation and ask our guests John Shramek and Joseph Kerski any question you want. Tuesday, April 24th from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PDT) on GeoNet’s Location Advantage MOOC group…Read More >>
How-To Tip of the Week
Are you trying to find a question, blog, place or person in GeoNet and don’t know where to start? Watch this quick to use the GeoNet Quick Tips: Spotlight Search.
Check out more tips in the GeoNet Resource Hub
What's Happening on GeoNet
Check out this week's curated list of top, trending and highlighted contributions you might have missed.
- Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.8 beta is now available
Receiving the most views this past week was the blog announcing the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition, 2.8 beta version. Click for details >>
Featured Unanswered Questions:
Know the answer or someone who can help out?
- Trying to use query domain on hosted feature service
- Generating DTM from lidar
- Multipoint to raster
- Enterprise geodatabase schema case
Featured Answered Questions of the Week:
- Benjamin Harper asked, “Any chance users will see nested folder structure in ArcGIS Online content management?” His question received a lot of support from our GeoNet top contributors and staff.
Have the same question? Read the responses >>
- Last week James Hickey asked, “ How could I pass ArcGIS Pro credentials via Python? This one's been replied to but not fully answered but it's a one you might want to keep an eye on. Thank you, James Hickey, for your great question and to Esri Staff, Kory Kramer, for responding. James, please let us know when your question is Resolved and we can share it with others who may also have the same question.
- How have you overcome resistance to change when implementing the ArcGIS Platform? Join the discussion >>